Here’s a quick look at what’s happening in the book world:
- Variety reports that digital book subscription service Scribd raised $58 million from venture capital firm Spectrum Equity. Scribd’s website attracts 100 million visitors a month and claims a million subscribers.
- Journalists at The Washington Post share their top picks for children’s books in 2019.
- A copy of The Art of the Deal with Trump’s signature and the inscription “future president” went for $1500 at auction this week. Alexander Historical Auctions handled the sale of the first edition volume which was accompanied by a typed letter of provenance from the original recipient.
- Abby Richter profiled author-illustrator duo Brad Meltzer and Chris Eliopoulos about their books and recently launched series on PBS.
- A beloved Montclair, NJ bookstore gets compared to Narnia in The New York Times.
- Calling all California book collectors: there’s a prize waiting for you, but the deadline is nigh. Read the requirements here.